CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

08 May 2012

Lawyers and emotions

How many times/cycles are we going to try? How many embryos will we transfer? What happens if we pass away and the baby lives? What happens if Joel and Janelle pass away before this baby is born? Claiming the baby after birth. DNA testing? The list seems to go on and on. Who knew there was this much to consider for a surrogacy contract? I certainly didn't. These were only a few of the things that we needed to talk about to get the legal stuff underway. Hopefully it should all be finalized in the next couple of weeks, and then we're hoping to transfer in June. That's NEXT MONTH already!

I've been feeling quite emotional lately, which I've convinced myself is due to the birth control pills. It doesn't take much for my eyes to start watering; from the contestants on "Biggest Loser" or the visit from loved ones on "Survivor". (The high quality programming I've been sucked into!) Honestly, I don't know what's going on as I tear up watching overweight people on TV who 'don't feel good enough' or hear a sad song on the radio. Yikes! We haven't even started the real hormones yet...just wait till the big guns come out! My husband may be in for a treat. Am considering pre-emptively buying him a bottle of wine. I see it as a win-win - as I'm still at the stage where a can partake too! I try to be considerate...

I go for my sonohysterogram and endometrial biopsy tomorrow, and if my uterus "looks good" and there are no concerns, we'll be setting the date! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. Come on uterus! We've had such a good "working relationship" in the past, so I see no need for things to change now.






No comments:

Post a Comment