CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

14 June 2012

Slowing down

It feels like it's been awhile since I've written. People keep asking me what's going on and where we're at with the process, so I thought I'd write a short update. Right now there's not too much going on as we're just waiting to get everything started next month. I'm now on continuous birth control pills, and go for my first of several ultrasounds in 3 weeks. We've all gotten our "protocol" and I was just putting all my info/dates/tests in the calendar for next month, when I realized how quickly it's coming up! Hard to believe that we're already in mid June.

I've also come to the realization that I need to slow down a bit. I've only been back to work from mat leave since mid March, and since then I feel like I've been trying to find the balance between home and work. Right now I'm working full time around my husband's full time job without the kids being in daycare. We're very fortunate that our parents help as much as they do, but there are times it's still tough. It's exhausting trying to figure out schedules for work, kids, school and childcare, and we're both starting to get tired. Often we feel like ships passing in the night - as he gets home from work, I head out. We're fortunate that with both of us working at the hospital that we have the option of shift work, but there are some days that are a struggle to get through. I have shifts that are pre-booked right up till mid August, and normally I would fill in the gaps in my schedule by picking up shifts from short notice sick calls. This week I made the decision not to pick up any more this summer, as we're barely keeping up at this pace, and I miss the girls too much. 12 hour shifts can be a doozy, and I hate when everyone's sleeping when I leave, and already in bed when I get home. Housework, laundry and cooking are at a bare minimum these days, and I won't even tell you about the tragedy we call the garden.

Time to regain control of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment