CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

17 December 2012

8 weeks and pooped

~ by Kim

We're just over 8 weeks and man, am I tired! The first trimester fatigue has hit me like a freight train! I haven't been sleeping very well at night, waking on my own a few times in addition to our 20 month old deciding that sleeping through the night is no longer for her. It started when she was sick, and we haven't been able to get back on track since. Now we've just fallen into bad habits, even bringing her to our bed in the middle of the night. We have a queen sized bed, and some nights there are 4 of us in it. Seriously considering baby-sleep boot camp soon. Her days, or nights I should say, are numbered.

Each morning, regardless of how early I go to bed, I am dragging myself out of bed only to be ready to crawl back in a couple of hours later. Unfotunately, that's not usually how it works out. I think what makes it harder is that this time around is having two kids to take care of, so catnaps are a lot harder to come by. The countdown is on, as there's only a month left till we hit the second trimester and then this will be but a distant memory. I'll be able to laugh at things like giving the girls a box of crackers for lunch. I might even remember it as being kind of 'cute and funny'. Right now I'm just grateful that Lily helps herself and can supplement these sub-par meals with yogurt, applesauce and cheese sticks.

Another thing that is different this time around, is that I've been sicker than I was with the girls. I never vomited with the girls, and just assumed it would be the same this time too. Not the case. Everyone seems to have a theory about this. Maybe it's genetics or maybe it's gender. I guess time will tell.

So to date, I've gained 15 lbs. Crazy, right? 10 have been from all the hormones and medications before even getting pregnant, and about 5 lbs since. That's just enough that my clothes aren't fitting very well and are all a little snug, but not enough to look pregnant. Instead I just look well fed, and can no longer "suck it in". Too much holiday baking, perhaps? I'll go with that.

Here's a pic of my little bump so far. I'm not sure what I was thinking in the first shot at 5 weeks, lifting my shirt and showing my ponch, but oh well. It's the closest thing to a pre-pregnancy shot.


I feel like I'm getting big fast this time. Some kind-hearted people have told me that this is how it is for the third pregnancy.
Oh how I love those people.


3 comments:

  1. wish I was near you so I could take care of you. BTW just love the little bump!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I think you look gorgeous, as usual! In any event, it's that time of year where everyone needs to pull out the stretchy pants. At least you have an excuse. As for the rest of us.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete