CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

08 July 2013

June in July and 37 weeks

~ by Kim

I'm just over 37 weeks now, which means only 2 1/2 weeks to go!!!

We are now officially considered FULL TERM!

June, Janelle's mom, came out here a week ago to help out with the kids, the house, and generally all around during this last stretch of the pregnancy. I've had meals cooked for me, dishes done, help with laundry and have even been able to get a nap in just about every afternoon. (I could get used to this!) Having her come out has also put me on a bit of a mental high, as it makes everything feel so much more real. The reality that we are approaching the end has really hit me, and it feels like the beginning of the last chapter in a good book. Next comes Janelle and Joel's arrival as we wait to meet this little guy who's been taking up residence in my womb for the past 9 months. I can't wait for Janelle to get out here, and I'm so excited for them to finally meet their baby and start this next adventure in life - now as a family of four.

Physically, I'm feeling a lot better than I was a few weeks ago. I think it's a combination of things: my iron dose has been doubled again, I'm drinking full strength coffee in the mornings instead of decaf or half-caf, I have help around the house and I'm getting extra sleep every day. Even in regards to the kids, just having someone else here gives them another person to run to, so not every little issue falls on me, whether it's wiping a runny nose or breaking up a fight. It's also fun to have someone to talk about the surrogacy and baby with, that shares the same excitement so I don't feel like I'm boring them by talking about the it again!

The weather here this past week has been fantastic, so we've been able to enjoy a lot of summer activities. I'm hoping it holds out, because there's lots I still hope to do once Janelle and her son arrive this weekend, providing that baby stays put for a while longer.  Though if he wants to come a little bit early, that's ok too.  :)

Here's a little bit of our past week: from Canada Day, pool time and time at the beach. There are definitely some pretty good pros to being off during the summer. There's gotta be! (There has to be something to make up for the cons you hear about about being super pregnant during the summer months.)



Here are a couple belly pics from this week:


Holy crap!
I'm sure this little guy must be fully cooked. 

The last couple weeks is just baby fattening up anyway. Or maybe it's me fattening up. 
My abs are rock hard though... so that can't be it.  :P



1 comment:

  1. Our baby arrived at 37 1/2 weeks. Get ready you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete